How might we...
- How might we build our strategic muscles?
If Jodie practices asking and answering strategic questions every day, then she will feel more confident about what she already understands (i.e. a lot) and where she needs to focus her attention.
Jodie will be both Alex Trebek and the contestant!
40-minutes every day for three days, Jodie will go through the following exercise with Eugene:
- By herself: Brainstorm questions for five minutes
- By herself: Score each question a 1 (70+% certain of the answer), 2 (40-70% certain of the answer), or 3 (less than 40% certain of the answer)
- By herself: Sort them according to the certainty to which she has the answers
- With Eugene: Answer each question to the best of her ability, as Eugene takes notes.
If Eugene thinks she’s getting mixed up about what she’s trying to answer, he’ll gently intervene.
Eugene will experiment with synthesizing Jodie’s questions as a possible model for what we might do with the Wye leaders.
Total Certainty Differential (see the first iteration of Jodie Jeopardy for more).