How might we...
- How might we stay engaged with each other on an ongoing basis?
- How might we capture and share the spirit and content of meetings with those who didn’t participate?
If we record 2-4 minute video summaries of different parts of the meeting, then at least two Wye participants not present at the meeting (25%) will watch and appreciate these.
At the March 8-10, 2016 Wye River meeting in San Jose, CA, after every high-level module (morning + afternoon), Eugene will ask for 1-3 volunteers to synthesize the module on video. We will share the video on the Wye River list that day.
Count and analyze responses on the mailing list + one-on-one feedback.
- People seemed to have enjoyed both watching and making the videos. Felt surprising and different. Some content in a short video, but especially good at conveying a feeling.
- Need a better way to track whether or not people watched. Could have used a bit.ly link in the email. Could also have just sent a quick email to the list asking if people watched, also including a list of the videos to watch in case they hadn’t. (The ultimate goal is to get people to watch, not to get a scientific count.)
- Making and sharing the videos was straightforward, but we also had two people (Alison and Eugene) in the room relatively experienced with both cameras and YouTube. It might be a higher bar for others.
Experiment with incorporating videos into Wye design process