Headlines: Wye Design Meetings, Comms, & Miles River Meeting, 9/27
Communication with Wye List Serv – This week
- EEK re: Design Team meeting & Synthesis & Convos
- JT to Wye Design Team with List of LIO Alums to spur thinking re: Who to invite and involve
Before Oct 7
- Sharing Draft POP, Sept 22 (ish)
- Following up on asks?
- Inviting Andrea and Amy to Design team
- One on One with lists of Who Else to engage with. – who is doing what and by when? Miles River to pick up the slack here.
Oct 7 Wye Design Call (eden out)
- Feedback on 2017 POP
- Who Else
- Follow Up
- Sharing integrated version of POP with Wye River List serv- EEK
- Additional guests one on one conversations and confirmations
Oct 28 Wye Design Call
- Who – have list of “who else” will be attending Wye River
- Success Spectrum for Nov 2017 meeting
- Follow Up
Nov 17 Wye Design Call
- Close loops and help get Design Team aligned together as a team headed into the meeting
Miles River Debrief
- Miles River Processes as Experiments
- Working Agreements Review re: how are we working together and individually?
- Mindsets and Assessments of our progress: how do we want to grow our individual and collective approaches/mindsets to the work, our becoming our next iteration of Miles River culture
- Your input is welcome
- Meeting all day on 9/27 at 101 Broadway with happy hour at Plank afterwards.
Overview: Today we had our first Wye Design Team call since before the March 2016 Meeting. We’re heading into a very busy period and I hope these headlines can help clarify at an appropriate altitude what is currently happening with our Miles River Design. Stay tuned as items may change, shift or pivot quickly 🙂
Communication with Wye River
- Re: Design Team and Synthesis Team high level update, ( EEK to write and send on Monday, 9/19).
- In one month share more concrete straw dog of POP for 2017 plan to entire Wye list post vetting and feedback from Wye Design Call on 10/6
Synthesis Next Steps
- Difficulting in scheduling any more synthesis calls, due to Amy’s schedule
- Expecting minimal new data for synthesis team to look at, the juciest conversations may now be on the Wye River Design calls.
- Invite Amy and Andrea to join the Wye River Design Team and be on calls moving forward.(Timeline: once vetted with Wye Design Team)
POP for 2017
- EEK will do the heavy lift of synthesizing the input from the Wye Design Team and the reflecting back a POP for 2017 that the Wye Design Team can give feedback on during Oct 6th call.
- Questions, ideas, and feedback are welcome. Opening for this during Miles River meetings and also via slack, etc.
Scenario’s re: who is MilesRiver reaching out to in terms of who else to involve in Wye River with priority to those who Wye River leaders would consider inviting to Nov Meeting.
- Scenario A: Move forward with list of people we have and involve the Wye design team
- Scenario B: Put out another ask to the entire Wye list. Remind them about the STP directory. Point them to identify people folks who might fill some of the gaps identified, e.g more state based people. Possibly give them a spreadsheet to look through.
- Scenario A and B are not mutually exclusive.
Scenario A & B both result in list of people to engage before the November Meeting.
- For Design Team (Scenario A) or All of Wye River (Scenario B). We have asked Wye leader repeatedly for input on who else they want to involve and we have a list of people (See list below). Now is the time to schedule calls with these people. (Timeline: email to design team in the next week)
- for Stakeholders:
- Here is a skeleton high level of what we’re talking about, the conversation at hand.
- We have a meeting coming up at end of November in Maryland, still working out who we can and cannot invite and are you available these dates just in case?
- Purpose: We want to have a conversation and get important stakeholders insights, we may formally invite them to Wye River Meeting in November.
- EEK send out email to Design Team (Scenario A) or Wye List (Scenario B) within the week.
- Divvy up who is talking to who , giving Wye Design team first dibs and Miles River to fill in the gap.
- Synthesis team invited to join Wye Design calls and Nov meeting (vetted, EEK to think about how it works with weirdness re: Andrea and Amy are on design team list).
- Outcome: Notes from these conversations. People have the dates saved. We gauge their interest in participation. Continue involvement of XMY and non-principals in meaningful way in Design Process.
- Rashad Robinson, Color of Change
- Edith Sargon, Wellstone
- Working Families Party
- Movement for Black Lives
- Democracy Initiative
- Marisa Franco, Mijente/Lanzate
- Jacqui Patterson, NAACP
- Vien Truong, Green For All (note GFA was previously in Wye)
- Nikki Bas, The Partnership for Working Families
- Michael Leon Guerrero
- PUSH Buffalo
Miles River Debrief Day
On 9/27 Miles River has an in person all day debrief. Alison will be leading the design and facilitation of this process. The purpose of this meeting is to pause and reflect on how we’re working together and make meaning together, cull out learnings thus far, and identify cultural and/or tactical shifts or improvements. We’ll take time to reassess our working agreements with each other, reflecting back on our work since June and look ahead to our work through December. In addition, we’ll look at the Miles River Design process so far as an overall experiment and within that frame pull out what lessons we’ve learned in order to integrate them into our future work. Please send suggestions to Alison or bring them to a Miles River Meeting.
Thanks to @Alison, I connected Jon and Edwin and they seemed interested in meeting face-to-face (Jon was in NY). Supporting relationships between the assistants
#mediatedmirrors. Posting for mediated mirrors has been difficult in terms of finding press pieces that represent a variety of Wye Leaders. Eden and I discussed posting a clip of Heather on MSNBC talking to Gary from North Carolina that was going viral on facebook. We didn’t, but it was sent to the Wye River list serv by another leader with the subject line, “Heather, you are rocking it”. That same day there were four responses about how impactful this media segment was.
#EBNAR2 I continue to be reminded of the importance of the “Robin’s” in the work we do and in our relationships with them! May had to pull out of 2/3 Wye planning calls. Edwin was able to jump in immediately and make sure we had an alternative call scheduled w/her. #EBNAR2